Cloud-Based Storeroom Security
While materials in maintenance storerooms are needed during business hours as well as after hours, in many cases, MRO storerooms are not attended 24/7. This is typically due to the cost of employing an after-hours storeroom attendant. Some companies rely on a self-serve honor system and trust that their users are complying with local policies and inventory processes to properly record material usage during unattended hours.
SDI’s storeroom technology helps mitigate inventory shrinkage and audit compliance during off hours. While the use of an inventory camera is not a new concept, the challenge has been in identifying technology that can work without requiring local DVRs and that wouldn’t flood the limited bandwidth that manufacturers typically have at their plants.
Inventory Management Camera Features and Benefits
SDI offers an MRO storeroom technology solution that utilizes IP-based inventory cameras with optional monitoring service to aid in loss prevention, reinforce storeroom procedures, and improve storeroom security overall.
- With up to 120 days of footage stored locally on the inventory camera, there is no need to set up costly DVRs, NVRs, or servers at each storeroom location.
- Since users are given on-demand access and only timed thumbnails are sent to the internet, the bandwidth requirements are very low.
- All data is encrypted, providing a high security solution.
- This storeroom technology solution also can send alerts triggered by movement. These alerts are emailed to specific users and can be limited to certain times of the day and triggered by movement in specific areas in the inventory camera’s field of view.
- Power to the inventory camera is provided via the network cable, so there are no batteries to monitor and replace.
- The maximum resolution of each inventory camera is 2048 x 1536, providing crisp, clear images day and night, complete with zoom function.
- This storeroom technology solution delivers an easy way for manufacturers – both those who can provide after-hours storeroom attendants and those who do not – to achieve secure storerooms 24/7, with access to video footage via the cloud for multiple, managed users via an easy, intuitive interface.
It’s just another way SDI is innovating MRO and FM parts for a more connected supply chain. Have questions about storeroom solutions services offered by SDI? Send us your question. You can also request more specific information about our storeroom management services.