The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
1. Collection of Personal Information. Except as specifically set forth herein, SDI may collect: (a) the email addresses of users that communicate with SDI via email; and (b) information knowingly provided by users through the Site. SDI may also use Internet cookies and other identifiers or methods of web analysis (such as Google Analytics) to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. SDI does not override these settings or options and encourages you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits on the Site, you may be required to provide SDI with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information such as your email, your address, and your phone number. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site.
2. Use of Personal Information. Personal information collected by SDI may be used by SDI for limited purposes, including for the purposes of providing you any products or services requested through the Site, recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Personally identifying information, such as names, postal and email addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information voluntarily provided to SDI, may be added to SDI’s databases and used for future contact regarding updates to the Site or new services provided by SDI. From time to time, SDI may also need to contact you regarding information that you submitted to SDI. You agree that SDI may use your personal information for such contact with you. SDI may desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information that SDI believes would be of particular interest. Please contact SDI via the contact information provided above if you do not want to be contacted by SDI for these purposes.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personally identifying information that you provide to SDI through the Site will not be disclosed to other third party entities not affiliated with SDI. Your personal information and data, whether personally identifying or not, may be provided to third parties that contract with SDI to provide products, information, or other services to you or that SDI believes that users of the Site may be interested in obtaining, including any third party services that are offered as features of the Site. While SDI may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which SDI discloses personal information is under an obligation to use that personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which SDI exercises no control. SDI is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. Your personal information and data, whether personally identifying or not, may also be disclosed or distributed to another party with which SDI enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process. Your personal information and data may also be disclosed if, in SDI’s sole judgment, that disclosure is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of SDI or any other person or entity.
5. Security Measures and Communications. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from SDI via the Site or via email cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of content via the Site may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, SDI is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Site or the Internet generally.
6. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request, SDI will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by SDI that has been voluntarily provided by you to SDI through email, contact forms, or other online avenues. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting SDI via the contact information provided above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided by you to SDI through email, contact forms, or other online avenues, prospectively retained by SDI or used by SDI for secondary purposes. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of web browser or device used to visit the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description hereunder.
7. California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact SDI via the contact information provided above.
Dated: February 28th, 2017
Find Your Industry
- Basic Materials
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Service Industry
It is important for my MRO supply chain provider to have a general understanding of my business--SDI knows my business from end to end.
In the third post in this series on MRO As-a-Service by Spend Matters, Pierre Mitchell and Michael Lamoureux talk about how managing MRO as a process delivers benefits from efficiency to effectiveness and beyond to an evolutionary phase. The next generation of value, MRO-as-a-Service, helps organizations build intelligent, agile, scalable and integrated supply chains (direct and indirect).
The project team has worked its way through Define, Measure, Analyze, and Improve. It’s time to begin the Control phase. The key stakeholders gather to evaluate the solution as implemented and create a plan to sustain the improvements. The goal is to standardize the improved processes, establish an audit schedule and schedule periodic follow-up to identify additional opportunities for improvement.