Welcome to big-picture MRO.
SDI is the Supply Chain As-a-Service provider that takes the bigger view of the MRO supply chain. For 45 years, we’ve demonstrated value by demonstrating to our clients how the supply chain works best when the supply chain works together. Lower costs, smarter inventories and increased performance are all natural results from a more connected, coordinated and optimized MRO process.
Way beyond piece price.
For many companies, a holistic approach to MRO is a totally new approach. Piece-price savings have been driving decisions for decades – despite inevitable runaway costs, obsolete inventories and rising administrative costs. This fragmented approach, with multiple departments and conflicting agendas, creates an environment with no central accountability, no enterprise-wide visibility, and no consistency.
A common vision of success.
When every aspect of the MRO supply chain works in unison, with coordinated actions, a common data set, and a broader goal of avoiding point solutions, quick fixes and short-term savings, operational efficiency becomes noticeable, measurable – and remarkable.
SDI at a glance.
- Supplier-neutral – we favor no supplier or vendor
- Flexible service package options - choose Enterprise MRO, the fully integrated, end-to-end process; FlexMRO, the build-operate-transfer model; or plug in to any component of the value chain with MRO As-a-Service.
- Implementation process identifies and categorizes ALL parts
- Best-in-Class Storeroom Operations benchmark tool and processes
- Continuous Improvement program for year-over-year savings
- Rooted in Six Sigma philosophy
- One single technology platform across the entire MRO enterprise
- Complete bar-coded storeroom
- Optimized Procurement and Issuing processes
- Improved Inventory Management and utilization
- Visibility across your entire enterprise
- Compliance and consistency across the enterprise
- Significant reduction in downtime incidents and other maintenance issues
- Detailed KPI’s and informational reporting
- Enhanced customer service to trades people and all stakeholders
- Improved employee productivity
- Significant ROI in year one
Find Your Industry
- Basic Materials
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Service Industry
SDI is an MRO integrator and partner that really helps drive categorization and a best practice approach.
In the third post in this series on MRO As-a-Service by Spend Matters, Pierre Mitchell and Michael Lamoureux talk about how managing MRO as a process delivers benefits from efficiency to effectiveness and beyond to an evolutionary phase. The next generation of value, MRO-as-a-Service, helps organizations build intelligent, agile, scalable and integrated supply chains (direct and indirect).
The project team has worked its way through Define, Measure, Analyze, and Improve. It’s time to begin the Control phase. The key stakeholders gather to evaluate the solution as implemented and create a plan to sustain the improvements. The goal is to standardize the improved processes, establish an audit schedule and schedule periodic follow-up to identify additional opportunities for improvement.